Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sayings My Child Needs to Stop

If you have kids then you know that they pick up some annoying sayings throughout their years. Some they learn from you ( you notice and then promise to stop saying it), some they learn from

Being his goofy self!

family, some they learn from school, and some they learn from friends. No matter where they learn the saying from, you just wish they would stop saying it. Below I have included some sayings my son uses frequently right now.  



1. " I Know"- Do you?? The fact that I have had to ask you three times to do something, I'm not sure you do. Or after we have talked about a new subject and he replies with a " I know", I'm pretty sure we have never discussed this subject before.



2. " Can I Be Excused From the Dinner Table?"- This one is a polite saying, but the fact that we just sat down to eat and he inhaled his food. Plus we really do like your company and would love to know how your day at school went. Also I would like to keep an eye on you since you finished your food in 5 minutes flat.

3. " When Will the Wi-fi be turned back on?" Tomorrow dude, you just played on your xbox for 2 hours straight. When I was your age we had outside, you know the space beyond the front door.

4. " How many items at the grocery store?"- The fact that he has the list in his hand, and I have told him 3 times what we are buying... Also I am shopping hungry today so we may add 10 extra items.

5. " Can I stay up 10 extra minutes?"- No, you already have a late enough bedtime and you need your sleep. Plus the 10 minutes will become 20 and then 30 and then 40 and so on, before you know it you will be putting me to bed.

6. " Trust Me!"- Ha Ha! You are 10 years old. When you say " Trust Me", it really makes me question what is about to happen next.

7. " In a Minute."- Remember when I said above they pick up sayings from you...yeah this one he picked up from me. I have really tried to catch myself and not say it. I can't really get onto him for saying it, but I know when he does it really won't be a minute...more like 15 or 30.

Love the little man, but these have to stop!
He does make me laugh all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.