Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

10 Signs that you have a Newborn in the House



When I had my daughter in December we were overjoyed and thrilled to be welcoming her to the family. We quickly noticed when we got home how much attention and love this little person needed. Already going through one pregnancy and baby I kind of had an idea what to expect...but that was 10 years ago...you forget a lot in 10 years. Below I have listed 10 signs that you have a Newborn in the house.


1. Baby items everywhere in the house.
I mean everywhere! Everywhere that we look there is something to do with the baby. For such a little person they have lots of items that come along with them.

2. Mountains of laundry the keep growing.
There is no catching up on laundry. A baby goes through so much laundry a day. From them spitting up on themselves and you, you are constantly having to do a wardrobe change every hour. It got to the point where I had to dig out shirts I hadn't seen in ages. Don't worry the baby has a wardrobe for days!


3. The Door Dash people know your house pretty well.
When there is a newborn in the house it is easier to order out. Between the exhaustion and constant handling of the baby nobody has time to cook. Let's just say the Door Dash people got to know our house very well.



4. Christmas decorations up...It's April.
True story...I had my daughter in December and just got around to cleaning the Christmas decorations off the front porch. I figured we were close enough to summer that they probably should be put back into the attic.

5. Don't ring doorbell on all doors, better yet don't even breathe or you will wake the baby.
This one should come with a warning, If you wake the baby you have to put them back to sleep. I don't know how many times I have put the baby down only for the doorbell to ring and her eyes come flying back open. Please if there is a sign don't you dare think about ringing the doorbell.

6. No concept of what time it is, let alone what day it is.
When you are in the throws of a new baby in the house you lose all concept of time. Your days and nights are consumed with feedings and changing diapers. When asked what day it is, I responded: A day that ends in Y. Finally at 4 months I feel like we have emerged enough from our cave to integrate back into society.

7. You are lucky to have a 5 minute shower every other day.
Literally 5 minutes. You get in and you get out. You don't even have time for the water to get warm, OK maybe luke warm.

8. You haven't been outside in days. Is it still winter?
Like I said above, we retreated into our cave. I don't think we emerged for a good two months (maybe had to do with how bad the flu was). When there is a newborn in the house every second minute is needed to care for this little person. I was lucky to get to stare out the window.

9. You find yourself talking like a baby to other adults.
You are basically talking to a baby all day/ everyday. It's not too long that you find yourself talking to other adults like a baby. Baby Talk-" Whoooo wants a salad with ranch on it?"- the waitress didn't know how to respond.

10. You play " Guess what is that stain on my shirt" everyday. 
All day long! You have stains on your shirt that you don't even know where they came from. I swear they show up out of nowhere. When you have a newborn your clothes are basically a large bib for the baby. If I had a poncho those first few weeks after we brought her home, I would have worn it all day long...now we are going through the teething stage...slobber galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.