Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Thoughts during Barre3


Click here to learn more about Barre3

I have never been one to work out. I hated running growing up, luckily I got into Softball and was able to workout that way. Now that I am older and no longer playing Softball I had to find something I enjoyed. Enter Barre3...I have been going to Barre3 for over a year. It has really changed the way I look at working out and look forward to each class. The instructors have been welcoming since the start. They make sure that you feel comfortable in class and show you different variations of the move. I was able to continue Barre throughout my pregnancy with the help of the instructors and modifications. I have listed my thoughts below during Barre class- purely comical of course, but if you want a good workout with people that feel like family I would give Barre3 a try.






4:20 pm- Arriving to the Studio Eager for the class. Feeling energized and refreshed.

4:30 pm- Grab my weights and necessities for the class. We are using bands today, that can either be good or bad. I'm going to think optimistically.

4:35-4:40 pm- Warming up, 3 opening breaths, relax, let everything escape from your mind, this is my hour, ok we are moving, I got this, not too bad, feeling a little breathless, I'm only 5 minutes in, Instructor asks to set my intentions for the class- To Survive.

4:45-4:50 pm- Leg work at the bar, my calf's are a little sore, they are really burning now, how many more pulses do we have to do, ohh the burn, I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow, Oh good she is starting to count down, Nooo the hold, I can't do it, my legs are shaking, when is that countdown coming, I need to shake out my legs, my legs feel like noodles.

4:50-5:00 pm- Cardio, should I use the lighter weights or heavier weights, I'll try the heavier weights today, Ok this isn't too bad, I can do the toe taps, I can lift my arms up at the same time, oh adding on knee lifts now, ok I am starting to get a little breathless, my arms are starting to burn, man am I the only one dripping sweat, let me try to telepathically tell the instructor to turn on the fans, oh wow she heard me, maybe I should get the lighter weights-no I can handle the heavier ones, wow really getting after it right now, breathe, BREATHE, okay we are switching up, did she just say Burpee's, down I don't know if I can get back up, oh good the countdown is coming, cardio is over I can crawl head back to my bar, I need WATER.

5:00-5:15 pm- Seat work, we are using the bands for seat work today, I never know if I tie a good knot in my band, it's going to snap during class and hit me in the face, ok I can lift my leg, oh I need to remember my slight bend in my standing leg, OMG that really burns in my butt, they are such tiny pulses how can they burn so much, I'm not going to be able to sit tomorrow, but on the other hand my butt is going to look great, yay countdown, I can make it, I can make it, yes I made it, aghh that was just the right leg, next left leg.

5:15-5:25 pm - Abs, I love ab workout, oh my gosh I am so out of shape, my stomach is shaking uncontrollably, is anyone else shaking this much, oh good I can hug my legs to my chest, you want us to do boat pose now, I got this as long as I can hold behind my knees, oh we are letting go and extending our legs, OH MY GOSH I have no ab muscles, think happy thoughts, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, I'm pretty sure my partner can hear my exhale, oh good they are shaking just as much, countdown, I never knew I could be so happy to put my legs down, I think I can sit up.

5:30 pm- Cool Down, I can't move.

5:35 pm- Leaving, see ya'll again tomorrow, it was a great class, driving home thinking how much I really enjoy my Barre classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.