Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

5 Signs that You May be Superstitious


Today is Friday the 13! I don't know about you but I am always extra careful on a Friday the 13th. Weird things tend to happen, and being a former teacher I can tell you teachers always know when it is Friday 13th, the students have an edge about them. I have come up with a list of Superstitions that I have believed over the years.  Enjoy and feel free to comment with any superstitions you find yourself doing daily.

1. Knock on Wood: Do you find yourself saying something and then knocking on wood so it doesn't come true. If you do this, you might be superstitious. I knock on wood and tell others they better knock on wood as well. This comes from a thought that if you say something to jinx yourself ( It better not rain while we are at the beach) then knocking on the wood should save you from it actually happening. Now if it is true or not, I am not going to take that chance and usually find the nearest piece of wood.

2. Don't walk under a Ladder: Do you walk under ladders or avoid walking under them for fear of bad luck. If you don't walk under them you may be superstitious. I have never walked
under a ladder to this day. I will walk around the ladder or if it is in the entrance of a doorway will find another way into the room. The superstition I have heard is that if you walk under a ladder something will fall on you, it will also bring you bad luck.



3. Bad Luck Comes in Three's: Do you find yourself waiting for the hat to drop once something bad has happened? If you are constantly on pins and needles expecting bad things to happen in 3's, then you may be superstitious.  I believe in this one strongly because of an incident that happened when I was younger. We were leaving to go on our Ski trip. That morning my mom had woken up sick and tossing. She managed to gather herself up and we made it to the airport. Once we arrived in Colorado we rented a car. While driving we ended up spinning out and landing in a snow bank. My dad had to go and get a tow truck while my Mom, brother, and I waited in the car. Once my dad arrived back he was opening the door to the rental car and ended up slicing the front of his forehead, it required the butterfly sutures to heal up. After that day I strongly believed that bad things happen in 3's. The rest of the trip was amazing and fun!

4. Rabbits Foot brings Good Luck: Do you carry a Rabbits Foot around for good luck? Then you may be superstitious. I used to have a rabbits foot ( not a real one, one that I had bought at the store) that I would carry around with me to bring good luck. I would take it out during tests and would attach it to whatever activity I was doing for the day. I really believed that it would bring me luck.

5. No Umbrella Inside: Do you wait until you get outside to open your umbrella? If you do then you may be superstitious.  To this day I will not open an umbrella inside. I won't even open an umbrella near someone for the fear of poking their eye out. I will be that person that is drenched from standing out in the rain before their umbrella is opened. I would rather be wet than have bad luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.