Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Letter to My Last Child

A letter to my last child,

You are my last child. You are the last child that will grow in my belly. The last child that I get to wonder who you will look more like, me or your dad. The last child that makes me proud every month that my belly gets bigger. The last child that makes me a mom again when you are born.

 Since you are my last child I promise to:

Hold you a little closer every minute of the day.

Don't fuss when you wake me up every couple of hours during the night.

Enjoy the smallness of you in my hands.

Enjoy everything that is new with you.

Take pictures/videos multiple times a day.


Kiss your tiny hands and feet, because I know they won't stay tiny forever.

Not complain about all the diapers I have to change.

Take your scent in, because before long you won't have that baby smell.

Cuddle with you as much throughout the day as possible.

Study your face and facial expressions as much as possible.

Kiss your chubby cheeks as much as possible.

Watch you sleep peacefully at night.

Come and comfort you if you wake up crying.

Try to wear every piece of clothing at least once.

When people ask how old you are I happily respond, but inside know that I am sad at how fast you are growing.

Not countdown the days until you reach a big milestone, rather enjoy each little milestone that you reach  each day with you.

You my last child, hold a very dear place in my heart. You will be the last of many things for me. For this I take it slower with you, I don't rush through each day. I make sure that I enjoy every minute and every second that I have with you. You my child, are my last, and I know you won't stay little for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.