Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Want to Know Wednesday


I am a day behind on this post, but yesterday was super busy with me catching up on sleep. The baby has decided that she wants to party all night long. Each Wednesday I have decided to write some fun posts so you can get to know me a little bit better, hey I may get to know myself a little bit better as well!

Put your music on shuffle. List the first 10 songs that come on and what they make you think about.


1. Escape ( The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes: Ha ha I actually first heard this song in the movie: The Sweetest Thing. After I saw that movie it became a staple in my music collection. I always listen to it when I go to the beach. I have my son hooked on it as well. He is always asking to listen to the Newspaper song.

2. All My Exes Live in Texas by George Strait: I am a Texas girl and have grown up around Country music, plus it's George Strait. When I first listened to this song I loved hearing all the different parts of Texas he listed. It is a catchy song and usually one that is played at the bar scene here.



3. I wanna Talk about Me by Toby Keith: Obviously I am from Texas with these country songs. This song makes me laugh because it is women in general. We talk all the time, and this poor guy is
My Friend Ashley and I out
Country Dancing
just trying to get a word in.

4. Til New Years Night by Hanson: I grew up on MMMMBop and Hanson. I actually have not heard this song before, this is the first time, right now. Pretty catchy, not like your regular Christmas songs. I downloaded it because there are a couple of Christmas songs from Hanson that I like. Kind of weird listening to it in April when it is 80 degree's outside.

5. The Old Rugged Cross by Chris Rice: Growing up I went to church every Sunday and then went to Christian Camp during the summer. I loved singing hymns during church and at camp. At the camp I went to we would have the evening service in the outside pavilion. It takes me back to those days singing while the wind is blowing through the pavilion. This is one of my favorite Hymn songs, I could listen to it over and over.

6. Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band: I didn't realize I have so many country songs on here! Zac Brown Band is one of my favorite bands. I don't think there is a song that I haven't heard that I don't like. This song is a summer song for me. We always listen to it while riding around in my parents pontoon boat on the lake. Every time I hear it I am ready for the heat, sun, and summer.

7. It's all Coming Back to Me Now by Celine Dion: Oh my gosh!! I am an 8 year old girl belting this out in my room. I mean it was an obnoxious Turn that down, belting out.  I loved loved this song when I was younger. I especially liked the simplicity of the beginning and then it builds up. I can't listen to it without turning it up and singing.

8. Go Rest High on that Mountain by Vince Gill: I can't listen to this song without crying. I first heard this song last year while my husband and I were out on a date night at a winery. It was a dad and daughter duet who sang it. After that I would play it loud in my car while driving, it probably didn't help that I was pregnant at the time. I would be ugly crying at a stop light. It is a very pretty and meaningful song.

9. What Lovers Do by Maroon 5: Maroon 5 has been a favorite of mine for awhile. I have listened to them since their first single came out. They are one of my other favorite bands. I like how most of their songs are up beat and catchy. My son loves Maroon 5, anything new that comes out he has to
A street Musician in New Orleans
listen to.

10. I know You're out there Somewhere by Moody Blues: My mom and I would blast this in the song and jam out to it when it was just her and I. As a young girl it gave me hope that my soul mate was somewhere out there and I would meet them someday. I hope that my daughter and I can have fun with songs like my mom and I did growing up.

So there are 10 very random songs from my playlist. I enjoyed listening to each and every one of them. I love putting my music on shuffle because  I don't know what is going to pop up. What are some of your favorite songs on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.