Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Difference between having a baby at 20 and then at 30


My kids are 10 years apart...yes a whole decade! I have noticed differences between how I reacted then to how I react now having a baby at 31. Have a laugh with mostly true circumstances I am going through.


1. Pregnancy:

20- The pregnancy was great. I had tons of energy, no morning sickness, and could still get out of bed without grunting. I could still bend down in my third trimester.

30- Morning sickness from the get go, I was already showing at 12 weeks. By the third month I couldn't roll out of bed without grunting. If things dropped on the floor during my third trimester they were left there. Super tired all the time!



2. Sleep:

20- I could run off of 1 hour of sleep a night and still have enough energy the next day to clean, shop, and make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was the freaking energizer bunny.

30- I cry if I don't at least get 4 hours of sleep. Then during the day I take my morning nap, afternoon nap, and evening nap. I am lucky if I eat breakfast, maybe lunch, and definitely have to scarf down dinner. I feel like a snail!


3. Socializing:

20-  I brought the baby everywhere with me. I was hanging out with friends again after 2 weeks. I wanted to show the baby off to everyone.

30- You can find me in my cave. I don't have the energy to shower, let alone do my hair or slap makeup on. I have not forgotten about you, I am just engulfed in everything baby right now. I'll catch back up with you in 5 years.

4. Worrying:

20- Very Naive, my baby is healthy as a horse, they can't catch anything. Did't have any car seat cover ups, or baby wearable's.

30- Knows too much, my baby can't go anywhere, what if someone sneezes in their direction? Web MD says that a sniffle can be 10 different things. If we do go out the car seat cover will stay on to hopefully catch any germs that come their way. Second thought we are just going to stay home for the first year.

5. Weight Loss:

20- Eat a Hamburger and fries and lose 10 pounds. Don't exercise and still lose weight. The weight basically falls off. Back in my pre-pregnancy pants within a month.

30- Gain a few pounds by eating healthy and exercising. The scale basically laughs at you. I'm just going to hang out in yoga pants.

6. Baby Milestones: 

20- Reading the "What to Expect The First Year" book each month. Forgetting half of the milestones that the baby needs to meet, have to flip back through the book to find it. Don't have any babies to compare yours to. Don't freak out if the baby is a little behind on meeting milestones.

30- Read the " What to Expect The First Year" book, plus having 4 other apps to go by. Freaking out when the baby doesn't meet a milestone right at the month mark. Comparing the baby to all the other babies their age on Social Media. Remembering that all babies learn at their own rates and to take a deep breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.